Hellooo Sweet Peeps, my name is Helen Feasey.
Welcome to my very first baking related blog post.
I’m super excited to get this project of the ground, as it’s been many years in the making. I have been slow as I’m a bit of a perfectionist and I was never happy with what I wrote. HOWEVER this year I have been learning more about the art of blogging and guess what? It’s just like I tell my cake decorating students, you’ve just got to start somewhere. So my somewhere is here and now.
SO LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED 🎉 🎊 🎈
So what do I hope to share with you and blog about?
Well anything that interests you and is food, baking or cake decorating related, my area of passion. Other things I might blog about is my thermomix and soon to own steam oven (we are in the process of building a new house)
So I would really love 💖 any feedback you can provide to me about what you’d love me to write about.
My thoughts at this stage will be that I will write about:
- technical info about baking, so basically the science that sits behind what happens when we bake (and cook)
- guidance to help you with the practical skills you need to bake and cook, I’m thinking more about videos here
- Baking recipes for sweets, so cakes, cookies, tarts, and confectionary, maybe some savoury items as well (but if you hadn’t guessed it from my website name, I really do love my sweet stuff)
- Tutorials for decorating cakes, cupcakes and cookies, probably some flower making, figurines and any other decorating topics
- And I'll share my triumphs and my failures (as like you, I have my ups and downs as well)
So my Dearest Sweet Peeps, I need you to help me
I need you to subscribe to my blog (see below), share a comment in the comments section, follow me on Facebook and comment there, do what you can to tell me what you want me to write about.
Every person that subscribes before the end of this month, will receive via email this recipe for a very delicious Tiramisu Chocolate Tart, that I won't be sharing on the website (so this is only for you), now you can't get any sweeter than that surely?
Without your input, I am only writing for myself and that's not what I want to do. I WANT YOU to become a better baker and cake decorator (and not a candlestick maker).
For those of you who subscribe, I promise I won't sell your deets, cause that's just not sweet at all. What you will get are emails that let you know when I've posted and special offers as they become available.
With Love (and confection)